Tuesday 15 October 2013

Caernarfon Castle North Wales 071013

Caernarfon Castle North Wales 071013

Check out my Flickr photographs
www.flickr.com by my name Liz Callan
under Flickr members 
You have to scroll through the photographs to spot me sitting on the canon
click on the websites below they are really good. 




I visited Caernarfon Castle on the third day of my long weekend break.  This is a castle I have always wanted to visit, since watching Prince Charles investiture in 1969. It was an amazing television coverage. This is the day I fell in love with the place.

I love history and visited various historical places over the years, but this castle takes some beating. The views over the Menai Straits and Anglesey. Also if you travel into Anglesey you can view the castle from their.

I visited part of Anglesey first. then made my way to Caernarfon and the castle. It was quite busy with lots of visitors. They were from all around the world. I spoke to a family from Japan and a couple from America. 

You do need to give yourself time to walk around and climb the towers and battlements. A bit high if you do not like heights. Which is my problem but I do not stop it from spoiling my day and fun. They have fabulous exhibitions in lots of the rooms. Lots of interesting facts and displays of clothing, medals etc., 

There is plenty to see in the town too. 

Wales are very kind to disabled people which I found on my visit. Especially for parking and getting into sites of interest. I am not disabled myself but saw the kindness.  


The one view from Anglesey
































 Well I had to sit on one with my Canon camera too 
They are already very shiny from everyone doing the same as me 






map for directions below click on the link





No comments:

Post a Comment